Here’s what I’m working on now–a variation of the piece I showed in Learning. This time, I’ve used only the watercolour crayons, both wet and dry. I’m slowly building up colour and texture and paying attention to shapes. I believe the piece is a work in progress–the more I contemplate it, the more aspects I see to work on.
I did indeed use the fold out booklet I wrote about on Feb. 2 as a model. Again, I was happily surprised at the variation that I discovered.
This mail art booklet is 5” from point to bottom and 2 ½” wide. I like the cat ear shape and the surprise triangular folds that developed. These allow the holder to flip back part of the print and reveal another part underneath.
The print I used for this booklet is part of the 1974 linocut I made called Kapoks Touching. There’s a photo of it in my Jan. 25 post.